Friday, September 2, 2011

Lucy's Little Park

After my last post, I figured I need to lighten up the mood with a funny little craft we did this summer :)


Lucy (like most dogs) would LOVE to make our ENTIRE back yard her potty. But no thank you!! Since she’s such a small dog she doesn’t really need much space. So we created her own little “POOP PARK" . A nice fenced in area just for her. So why not make a sign to go with it?!
For just $2 we made this fun sign. Both the wood posted sign and the letters came from the $ store. My youngest was more then excited to do her part & paint it up! Then I stuck on the letters & used a little mod podge to seal it up
Voila! Lucy knows right where to “go” (yes…she‘s the smartest dog in the world & knows how to read too!) Now we don’t have to worry about where to step in the back yard!

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, this is so cute! and funny! love it!

Diane Writes said...

This made me laugh Trisha. Smart, creative and funny :)

Paula said...

That's a very clever idea and I really like the white iron fence you used too :-)

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!
I've wondered where you were and how you were...hadn't seen any posts in a while. Glad you're back!

Out on the prairie said...

Pretty funny

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great idea!

Nancy said...

Okay, so I need two of those -- in extra large. :) Great idea. You are so crafty.

SkippyMom said...

Seriously?

That is hysterical.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Glad to see you back!!! This so funny and cute. I'll bet the neighborhood dogs will be stopping by soon. :)

Debbie said...

what an awesome idea!! i have missed your crafty self. i have wondered all summer if you kept that bird feeding station up or dug that tree out. you will never know how much i LOVED that!!

you are the queen of crafts & i have missed you!!

Teresa said...

that is very very cute!

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

What a clever, funny idea! I love it!

Resweater said...

We have always had a fenced off "dog area" in our yard, but I never thought to decorate it! Very very cute & fun! The area where our dog goes has gravel & rocks, and children are drawn to it when my son has friends over. A sign like that is not only cute & funny, but might help deter the kids from wandering over there too!

Allison said...

Ok, I am laughing out loud! You are so creative! What a great idea. I never would have thought of a poop park. So cute!

Heidi said...

Trisha this is too funny & cute! How did I miss this post? (I take my me time to read my blogs very seriously) don't remember it showing on my feeder. Lovely idea. Is she that well trained? Is she actually pooping in there the whole time?

Treehugger_31 said...

Great idea! Very cute.