Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Travel Tuesday..... We LOVE MN !!

Summer is almost here!! Every summer since I was born we have always spent a week or 2 in Minnesota. My moms family started going when they were kids & the tradition is still going strong. We look forward to it just as much a Xmas!!


It’s the one place we go where you have no choice but to relax. No TV, phones, computers. Just the lake, swimming, fishing, exploring , campfires & playing some UNO in the cabin!!
Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts ,Uncles & cousins all come up at the same time for all the fun!! :D





Grandma & Noelle soaking up some fresh air & sunshine!!

It's so much fun to see my own girls look forward to this trip each year, just like my own sister & I always have.


Mmmm...smores!
And since it’s a long car ride (11 hours) there’s always fun stops & little treats to keep everyone happy!
But we can’t get here soon enough!!


10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nothing like fun on the lake and outdoors to fill the soul!

Out on the prairie said...

lovely shots, I used to go up to Tower ansd Ely a lot on Lake Vermillion.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I've been to Minnesota a couple times. It is beautiful. Your pictures are great. I need to plan out outdoor adventure for our family--soon!

Heather said...

What a neat trip and fun tradition!

teekaroo said...

I've never been to that part of the country. Looks like a lot of fun!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh how fun! I've never been to Minnesota. It's one of 8 states left I need to visit to hit all 50.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!!

Allison said...

What a lovely post. Is there room in the car for me? :)

Allison said...

P.s. I'm feeling so utterly depressed right now... have any tips on how to cheer up?!

Barb said...

I can't wait to get there! One of my favorite things about MN is playing with the girls. How many days? I know you are counting!
Aunt Barb