Friday, August 20, 2010

Frame your thoughts!

                                                                                
As I was organizing my desk area I decided to put up a dry erase board so I could make quick notes while I’m busy on this computer. Both my girls had fun drawing on it while it sat on the floor waiting to be put up.

I moved the kitchen to start organizing the fridge area that is over flowing with all the art work of the week scattered about. I realized the surface of the fridge door is no different then a dry erase board. Why not let them draw there!                   
                                

Because I like to have some type of order, I came up with a way to contain the area for them to use the dry erase markers…..old frames!
First I removed the glass from the frames. Then using 3M adhesive tabs I secured the frame to the fridge door. That why its easy to remove someday.                                                                              

       I put their names above and below each frame so each have their own space to write or draw. Now they can do a daily drawing , leave a note, whatever their heart desires! With so many choices in colors they can make quite a nice display!

  I even discovered they could also display a picture within the frame. As log as its on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper it fits perfect! Just slide it directly into the side of the frame. When they don’t feel like drawing on the door they can now chose the picture they’d like to “feature” that day!

I love this idea so much that I’m adding my own personal frame to the side of the fridge to keep a grocery list for the week.


                                                                                   

3 comments:

Barb said...

Cute idea! I'll make sure Kristin reads this post :-)

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! heading over to check out your store! I am loving those owls!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $20 store credit from My Carrie Creations to get a backpack with your kids fav character ( fancy Nancy, princessses, ballerina and more). Check it out.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/20-store-credit-from-my-carrie.html

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!! I keep catching my 3 year old drawing on the pictures hanging on our door. Perhaps I need to do this one for her :)

Thanks for linking this project up with For the Kids Fridays! I appreciate you stopping by, and hope to have you back for this week's party! I'll be posting it later tonight.

:)rachel at SunScholars.blogspot.com