Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leafy little Favor Boxes


Nothing gives something a more personal touch then a photo. When I was trying to come up with something different for my sisters shower all my searches came up empty. I was trying to figure out how I could uses their photos in a unique way . I came up with this…photo leaves.
You'll need a scanner/printer,cute boxes, ribbon, and" thank you" charms.
First scan a photo of the happy couple. Print out thumb nail size photos on regular white paper. You will need 4 photos for each favor. Then cut each picture into a shape of a leaf. You could also use a paper punch leaf shape to save yourself time. Use a small dab of glue from a glue gun on each leaf corner. Press leaf on to back of metal “thank you “ charm.
Tie the charm to the box with ribbon or raffia .I love how when you first look at the boxes it appears to be just a leaf, but upon closer inspection its actually the couple! It made for a lot of “oohs & ahhhhs” . Don’t forget to fill the box with something yummy! We used Hershey kisses with wrappers that matched the wedding colors.

No comments: