I couldn’t decide what to color to paint it. I originally was going to paint it white (like everything I seem to paint!). But after living with it a few days, I decided to paint it black to match our dinning set.
Since there was such a thick glossy finish on this piece, I used some sandpaper we had in the garage & gave it a light sanding. Not much, just enough to take the shine off. Then it was time to paint.
After 2 coats on the drawers I moved on to paint the lower half of the cabinet. I decided not to paint the top. Our table & chairs have the dark wood finish top, while the legs are black. Its also has a distressed look . So I figured the buffet would go with the set better.
Only problem I had…..keeping the cats out of the bottom storage area! That’s a paw print right in the middle of my paint job! AHHHHHH!
|work in progress....|
After I let it all dry over night I decided to paint the handles black to match. I was planning on getting new ones, but for now this works. And I think I like them now. The total cost for this buffet( after paint) came just under $20. Not bad!