Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Done for now...

The mudroom/ laundry room is done for now. I spent an afternoon last week finishing it up. The doors came off & the paint went on. I debated back and forth on if I should leave them off, or keep them to hide the clutter that I’m sure will be back. I’m leaving the doors off for now. Its just so much easier to function in there with out them. Since this closet runs the span of the entire wall I still have plenty of space to hide laundry bins & extra coats out of view. Heres the before......

After taking the doors off , I cleared out the closet & tape off the trim. I painted the wall up to the shelf area.

After it dried, I decided to add molding to the wire shelf to give it a more finished look. I ended up only spending $2.81 for 7 feet! I love when Menards has a sale.


When I added the molding it was important to make it something I could remove.  Someday I might want to hang coats there again .


Glued ribbon tied to the wire rack.
I just added ribbon with my glue gun to the back of the molding, let cool & the tied it to the shelf. It worked perfect. Now if I ever decide I want to hang things on that shelf I just have to untie the molding & store it.


I ended up taking out the small storage bin we used for a bench & using the extra chair from out dinning room. That way there’s still a place to sit if needed, but so much more room for the girls to walk in hang up their stuff, & place our shoes.
I still have some more work to do but its done & works for now. Now I have to move on to my basement craft room. Unfortunately that will take much more time to finish. Maybe I’ll get to that next week…or the week after that…or…..







6 comments:

Celia said...

Looks great!

TexWisGirl said...

I do like how open it looks - now if only it could stay that way...

Out on the prairie said...

I start with a project and it sometimes lingers. I am not sure how I gain all the clutter I have with only one to mess things up.

Paula said...

That's a lovely, tidy space. I need to do the same to a small closet I have by the front door but I always get distracted with crafty pursuits ;-)

LBB said...

Paula- I know...it took me forever to get this done. I always found a something "better" to work on.

Barb said...

Looks so nice :-). I like your new picture too!