Friday, January 28, 2011

Something different for your Valentine

Here’s something fun to do with those paint strip samples you probably have laying around. Any color will work, but since Valentines day is on the way I decided to use shades of pink.
You’ll need a paper paint sample, yarn, heart punch , hole punch, and some fun stickers.
First use the heart shape punch on the top or bottom color square. Then with the heart that has been punched out, use the circular hole punch at the bottom . Now with the yarn ,tie it to the open shape on square .

Next have fun & decorate!


Addy made one for her sister. She had so much fun creating hers, I decided to use this idea for her class party craft. I’ve been collecting them every time I hit the stores. I won’t tell you which ones…..I don’t want them to find out why they’re suddenly missing all their pink samples!!!
Great book! Thanks Desert Canyon Living!
This would also make a sweet gift for that crafter or decorator in your life. Everyone should have an extra book mark around!

I entered this fun Idea at......

There are so many cute Valentine Ideas there! If I only had more hours in the day!!!

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

That is a cute project! I know the kids will have fun!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you a clever girlie? I LOVE this idea, so adorable and great fun for the kids (okay and me too!) :) Happy Saturday to you!!

Nancy said...

I wondered why all the pink paint samples were missing from my local hardware store! haha!

This is so cute. Great idea!

Kelli W said...

Such a cute idea!

Lisa Fliehman said...

That is a cute project!!

Lisa Fliehman said...

I found you by way of Life, Crafts, Whatever. Love your blog! I love your post about dressing up your mirror. I have been wanting to do that for a long time. Now I can show my hubby exactly what we need to do. Thanks!!

Allison said...

yet another great idea. My daughter and I just looked through a good portion of your blog, ooing and ahhing over your creativity! We expecially like your uncycled mudroom and the satin finish wood trim in your living room, not to mention the decorated with moulding bathroom mirror! :D

LBB said...

Allison- ahhh, thank you :) I just hope I can keep coming with more stuff to do to this house! Just when I think I'm done..I end up finding something else :)

Celia said...

That's a great idea!

Mamamotherlode said...

Love the thrifty use of color chips for art.

LBB said...

Lisa- Ha! Glad to help give your hubby a project! I'm enjoying your blog as well :)

Inger said...

Gorgeous book marks and again I see the Swede in you. I'm THRILLED that you and your daughters are enjoying The Adventures of Nils. I wasn't sure if it would be enjoyable for kids and adults here.--Inger

Dawn said...

Cute!
Can you imagine what we could come up with if we DID have more hours?:))))

Love your creativity!

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING all of the paint chip valentine's soooo cute. thanks for partying with WhipperBerry this weekend.

kisses
heather