Monday, January 31, 2011

A little something for your "Best Friend"

We love our little Lucy and after seeing a similar carpet in the store the other day for $15, I came up with a way to make it for $1.60 !

 All you need is a carpet sample that you can pick up at any hardware store, pen , scissors, Xacto knife or razor.
Flip the carpet over and place bowls on top. This ensures you make the dog bone shape large enough to hold it! Now using your pen, free hand a basic dog bone . If you want it to be “just right”, use a template to help you. Just Google "dog bone template" & take your pick!

 Using the Xacto knife make a slit large enough to fit your scissors. Then start to cut. I found the Xacto knife worked better in some areas (like the curves) and the scissors worked better for others.
After cutting the shape pull off any little extra carpet yarns that are left on the edges. The carpet I picked happened to be glued very well & I didn’t need to work with it too much. But if you find that yours is loosing small yarns on the ends, just add a little liquid stitch around the edges.
Now call your dog & show them their new eating space!  : )
Running With Glitter





11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

So cute! You're just too darn crafty. :)

Out on the prairie said...

What a nice project, I will have to try it. Love seeing your little pooch that really does look like mine.

Dawn said...

Awesome!
Now THAT's the way to do it!!!!
How crafty and smart is that????:)))))))))

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I'm sure your little doggie loves it!

Btw,do you want to gain more blog followers? Then come on and join my "Swap Followings" Linky Party. This is an excellent opportunity for every blogger to meet other bloggers, follow them, and be followed in return. How does this work? Just simply "swap your following" which goes like this, "I follow your blog so please follow mine." All you have to do is create a post about the party, include the party button, follow 2 or more bloggers then leave them comments so they can follow you back.

If you think this is a match for your interests (and I hope it is), then please click http://www.homemakeronadime.com/p/policies.html so you can read how it works and the details about the party. Don’t forget to join us today, Monday at 5 pm, PST.

Bring your best virtual smile, be prepared to meet great bloggers, and see you there! :)

SkippyMom said...

That is so cute and so cheap! I loved to see your doggie. :) She is adorable.

Treehugger_31 said...

Cute idea! Wouldn't work for my messy mutts though. I'll have to stick to my plastic (easy to clean) mat. Lol.

LBB said...

Out on the prairie- I bet your little one isn't so scruffy! Lucy really needs a hair cut. But she's so soft & cuddly right now :)
Treehugger- I'm tring to come up with a fun plastic mat for our cats (super messy eaters). I'll let ya know if I think of one :)

Allison said...

Something I could make for my parents for their birthdays! They each have a little doggie and this would be grand!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is CLEVER GIRL!!! I adore it!!! (and your little furbaby!) I'm seeing a pink one in my near future!!! :) Thank you thank you thank you for such a WONDERFUL idea!!!

Barb said...

Lucy is a lucky dog :-)

Jan said...

I'm thinking that my pup REALLY needs one or more of these!