Monday, March 28, 2011

April Foolshi

I just realized we’re only a few days away form April fools day! I have a few things up my sleeve this year. April foolshi is something I’ve had on my list to try to make. There are so many different variations of this I've found on line. I decided to make mine from what I already had in the pantry. It was super easy & turned out pretty yummy too! Yes, I ate it. That’s the best part of making something new   : )
I used a fruit strip (fruit roll up would work great) 4 mini marshmallows (2 green, 2pink, 1 of each color broke in half) , and coconut.

Roll the fruit strip into a circle & press ends together. Then add 2 mini marshmallows to the bottom of the circle.
Put some coconut on top of them & fill up the fruit circle ½ way. Then using the halved marshmallows and a small piece of the fruit strip, press together & stick in the middle of roll.
Fill the rest of the way with coconut.
Throw some coconut on the plate to look like some extra rice. Grab your chop sticks & enjoy!! I will definitely make a plate of these for a little tricky fun on Friday!

Linked up to

14 comments:

Teresa said...

those look wonderful! i might have to try them out as well.

TexWisGirl said...

You're too clever.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

colenic said...

what a cute idea...

Candiss said...

That is a really cute idea. I need to do something fun for April Fools for my kiddos.

Newly following from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop.

Leetah East
http://afkdinner.blogspot.com
http://leetahinwriting.blogspot.com

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Fun idea! I am not so creative, but plan to steal all of your ideas.

Allison said...

Nice idea...but alas...no fruit strips to be had in the EAST! :(

Mamamotherlode said...

I think this is so fun. My grand-kids might even eat it.

Out on the prairie said...

I wondered about the shi on the end . Lovely treats.

Nancy said...

Never heard of this -- I'll have to make this for my hubby. He thinks he's so smart! :)

Marcy said...

I LOVE it!
Hey there! Following from the blog hop! I would love a follow back! Be sure to enter my giveaway for a custom made bracelet while you're there!

:)
Marcy @ Life's Gristle

♥ Miss Tea said...

so inspiring!! i think i'll make mine too! thanks for sharing!!

Tammy @ Type A said...

that looks yummy for being fake sushi! i'm gonna try this of the kids. thanks for linking this to my party!

Donnie said...

That looks so cute and I bet it tastes good too.