Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday…..Decoupage clock

I found some wonderful old books on my recent hunt. I love the red covers. The contents are pretty fun too. The dictionary is from 1941. The medical book is from 1957. These will make great books to stack and add some character to the end table. But I just couldn’t leave the dictionary be. I wanted to do something with a few of the pages. It has so many interesting photo descriptions!

I decided to decoupage some of the pages on a large clock we have. I really liked the clock as is, but I’ve had this for so long & really wanted to lighten up the area that it was hanging. This did the trick!


Using a paint brush, Mod podge, and a few of the pages I got to work. First I laid out the pages I wanted to wrap around the edges. Then I trimmed some off the excess.

.
Load on the glue! I applied it to both the clock frame as well as the page its self. Then I smoothed the pages on to the glued surface.
I continued until the entire space was covered. I tried to keep the molded look of the frame but I also love the texture that was formed!

Ta~Da !! Done!

I also made a few other items with these pages.



I loved how this card turned out, "fall in love ...as lovers do" .  This one was used for a wedding.
I definitely will be making more of these :)



Craft school Sunday
Wow us Wednesday
Spunky Junky

24 comments:

Allison said...

Those cards are adorable. I have a friend here who is very good with decoupage... I, sadly, am not patient enough. ;) Lovely work!

Kelli W said...

What a cool clock makeover!

Out on the prairie said...

I enjoy the illustrations in old books like that. I wonder what the medical book had about smoking.

Paula said...

Brilliant projects as usual. I love that card but especially the clock, it turned out wonderful.

Andria said...

That clock is COOL!! I want to decoupage something now.

b. lee said...

how cool is that!? u are so creative :D

very married said...

do you sell these cards?? i love it!

LBB said...

very married- Yes! I do! I will have more in my shop next week :)

TexWisGirl said...

you are so talented. LOVE that clock!

Dawn said...

How do you do it? Come up with these ideas and follow them through?!?
Love the clock:)

Nancy said...

You must have a third eye that sees things the rest of us do not see. Love the clock! Just amazing!

Eyeliquor 2 said...

Cool clock! tic toc!

Teresa said...

love the card! might have to "borrow" that idea. clock is neat, too but you know i'm a cardie.

Suz said...

Great! You have some great ideas!

SkippyMom said...

Loving the cards. Used bookstores are fabulous places to find the old books for such cheap prices.

Leontien said...

Ohhh i love that clock! Great Job!

Thanks so much for sharing and thank you for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you liked it
Leontien

Hannah Renee said...

I love your blog!!!
I am a new follower and i would love a follow back at www.hannahliveslife.blogspot.com!!

thanks!!

Kate Pabst said...

The clock is very cute but I love, love, LOVE the cards!!! Brilliant AND beautiful!

teekaroo said...

I would never have thought of doing the clock like that. So cute!

Reader Teacher said...

I love that clock! I may have to try this sometime soon! Thanks for sharing!

Lanell said...

I think I have the same dictionary or at least one similiar. I did a dictionary wreath and am dying to use more pages on something else. Thanks for the great idea. Looks so cute.

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE THIS! Come on ova' and link up to my Linky Party! xoxokara


*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

Im a pup lover too!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Saw this over @ elements-interiors and love it! Also following you now :) I'm having a link party tomorrow...would love to have you join!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

So creative! Love this post...thank you for linking up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you tomorrow:)

xoxokara