Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Traveling Tuesdays

We’re planning a big family trip to take place next year. To get the girls excited we went through some boxes & found some little keepsakes and photos from a trip my Husband and I took back in 2000.
Some of my favorite souvenirs are not bought. I love to take a piece with me..literly! That’s a hotel shampoo bottle filled with rocks from the path to the Eiffel Tower, a rock from Pere Lechaise & some left over euros that hopefully we'll be able to spend later.
I remember waking up one Sunday morning & saying “ I really want to go to Paris. Why not London too?!”. He just looked at me and said, “Sure.” Although I don’t know if he really knew how serious I was. Later that week I went to several travel agents, found a price & a created a travel schedule that sounded good. On Friday I showed him the plan & the price. Saturday we went down to the travel office and paid. Ohhh…. the easy of planning things before kids!
1 month later we were off on our first European trip. I failed to mention how I have a huge fear of flying. But it was worth it to actually go to these places instead of just wishing I could.
A few years later, after my first daughter was born, I mentioned how I would love to see Paris again My Husband suggested I plan a trip with my sister. Make it a girls week of fun. I was very excited, but it was very very hard to leave my then 2 year old & husband behind. There were a few times I almost changed my mind, but I’m so happy we went.

We had a completely different trip then my husband & I. And what better way have some sister bonding time then sightseeing in Paris?! I really feel very lucky to have been able to go on those trips. So for something fun I thought I’d share photos of those trips on what I’ll call travel Tuesdays.
London's calling....
Today I sat down & scanned all my favorites. They’re ready to share each Tuesday. Forgive the photo quality. Our first trip I didn’t even have a digital camera yet. But I do have a digital photos from the second. I’m turning this house upside down for the disc, but for now this will have to do :)

10 comments:

Paula said...

I'm looking forward to seeing photos from your trip.

I hate flying too although I keep quiet about it so as not to pass it on Alex. We fly home every Summer for a short holiday and those 2 and a half hours on the plane seem to last forever.

LBB said...

Paula- My girls don't know how much I hate it either. In fact, fortunately they both enjoy flying. I find my self bitting my tongue & saying "Yes! This is so much fun!! Bumps in the air are just fun fun fun!!"

Nancy said...

Wow! Two trips to Paris? That's awesome. I can't wait to see more of your photos. :)

TexWisGirl said...

Sounds like a fun couple of trips - especially with your sis!

Out on the prairie said...

Paris in the spring would be real nice. it was my 1st place I went in Europe. I took my kids this last time and my study buddy from art history daughter lead me through a lot of the art work.In Italy once they offered a free carafe of wine and i said yes. They poured my then eleven year old first, and she almost died.

Elle - The Violet Reaction said...

Oh man... London! I really want to go there sometime. I've been to Paris and Dijon and was totally in love with everything. I love the history of Europe and all the old architecture.

Where are you going on your upcoming family trip?

Inger said...

An old lady's advice: Travel while you are young. You never know what might happen in life and I for one am so glad I did just that. Now with my insulin pump and all the supplies that I have to drag around,airport security and all that goes with it, I really only want to go back to Sweden if I were to travel at all.--Inger

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun, I love the photo in the phone booth!! Your girls will have wonderful memories too, how exciting!!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

Dawn said...

Oh WHAT FUN!!!!! Love the bright red phone booth.
I think we are all thinking we would like to come along now.....just thinking;))

Allison said...

And your next stop is Zurich, right? :D