1. I love poetry.My favorite? Emily Dickinson. I used to love writing poetry. But I really haven’t written much since the girls were born. ( Other then the little “ditties” that I sing around the house, to the kids, … to our pets! )
2. One of the best things about spring is getting to ride my bike again. I finally bought a bike attachment for my youngest.
3. I wish it didn’t bother me that my girl are growing up…fast. I try to be happy that they’re now able to do so much on their own & becoming their own people. But I want to dig my heels in the ground and stop time for just a little while. I want to soak up every minute.
4. This one may shock you….we don’t have cable TV (or dish etc.) 2 years ago I was sick of paying the dish bill & watching it go up. We hardly watch TV and it drove me crazy to pay that bill. So we cancelled it! We have since bought a small antenna that picks up local Chicago NBC, ABC etc. & the girls get their favorite PBS cartoons. And the best part…an extra $60 in our pocket!
5. Every year I try to think of something new I might like to learn. Sometimes I actually learn it other times I loose interest. Last year it was playing the guitar and learning Spanish. Well, if the cords C,D&G count then I learned a bit of guitar. As far as Spanish goes…. I only know a little bit….or Un poquito. Mucho to be learned there!!!
6. This years “something new to learn”…Knitting hats.
…learned….made a bunch….(easier then I thought)
And since we’re going on our trip next year, the girls and I are trying to learn the basics in German ( hubbys teaching us) and I’d like to refresh my basic French. I used to know some, but Bonjour & Au revoir doesn’t cut it . I think a few more words would be nice :)
7. I have always wanted….a golden retriever!!! But my husband does not want a big dog. He says I won’t be able to stand the mess of all the hair. Plus big dog = big poop. We’re so used to little Lucy it would be a huge change. But I still want one. Someday…..until then, here’s my golden retriever Buster…
Addy dressed up Lucy for their picture :)He’ll have to do for now! No shedding, no poop & no vet bill. He takes turns sleeping in the girls rooms as well as hanging out in the family room too. Lucy even shares her bone with him!
Ok….I think I’ve made good on my 7 things :)