Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday tote & Fabric I WON !!!

I had my first win!! I was so excited and had to use some of it right away!! I won some fabric from Junebug’s world. She has a great etsy shop as well. Its full of super cute zipper clutches, pillows & hand sewn cards too.
Today we’re celebrating my Mom's birthday, so I made her a bag to hold some of the goodies!! The green polka dot fabric was just what I needed to complete this tote.





Last fall I picked up these flip flops on clearance for only 49 cents each!! It was hard to hold on to them until now (and not forget where I stored them!!).
Even though spring is officially set to begin on this very rainy & dark day, these flip flops are a fun add on to  help brighten it up a little!


Our family always reuses our paper gift bags for each other & I thought it’d be fun to add this to the mix. Now we have to see which one of us girls gets it next  : ) 

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Cute idea!!! :)

Nancy said...

I knew you would find something to make with your winnings asap! :)

Inger said...

I'm just in awe of what you can do. And your Swedish heritage shine through it all. I don't know how that can happen, but it does.--Inger

SkippyMom said...

What a fabulous idea. I am definitely borrowing this for me and my MIL - we love to trade the paper ones back and forth - this will be more fun and more durable. :)

Thanks! And congrats on the win. :)

Allison said...

I can't believe you got Old Navy flip flops for 49 cents! I miss that store...arg! I'm wearing a grey Old Navy sweater I bought last October at Fox Valley this very minute! :D Such a small world!!

Dawn said...

Awesome!
Do you ever stop thinking creatively?;)
Love it:))

Christine said...

Congrats! I remember being so excited when I first won something :-) The tote is super cute.

teekaroo said...

Cute idea!

Paula said...

Congratulations and well done with the bag, it's beautiful :-)

Celia said...

Love that Winnie the Pooh fabric!

JuneBug said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to use some of the fabric, and reusing gift bags... right on!