Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Travel Tuesday.....Paris streets

The moment we got of the train both Todd and I were excited, but so tired.

As we were walking in search of our hotel, we entered a small street with just a few people. Then …. a woman shouting from behind us. I think we both jumped! Then in front of us this man turns around, drops his bags right there in the middle of the street. The woman comes running past us & they both embrace , hugging & kissing. It was like a scene straight out of a movie. Only it wasn’t. It was right here in front of us. That is how I started my first trip to Paris.


View from outside the Hotel Du Centre & from our window.

Day & Night
View down the road from our window


At the end of our street was the famous Folies Bergere. We had no idea we were that close when we booked that hotel. You could see it from the window. I’ve always seen so many posters for this place. It was very cool to see it for real.



This is one of my favorite pictures. Its not a very good one. I had to take it with the window closed. I didn’t want to startle the little old lady feeding the birds. It was about 7 am.


This is the market where the lady had been standing. The market has just opened. I love all the fresh flowers!



 On the Champs Elysees. The building was under construction. I love how they disguise it :)

This is the market I tried my best at speaking French. I got what I needed, but I had no idea what he said back! At least I can say I tried!!
Next week I’ll share some of my favorites from Monet’s garden in Giverny. It was so absolutely beautiful. Here’s a sneak peak…..
Au revoir!!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

The last photo is amazing! :)

TexWisGirl said...

So beautiful! Loved the under construction dressing! Ha!

Dawn said...

Oh it looks just like I dream it would. (or will....one day I MAY get there:))

(GUESS WHAT? I went over to my sisters today and we made Easter Wreaths!!!! You inspired us. Mine doesn't look quite as pretty as yours...but I TOOK DOWN MY CHRISTMAS WREATH and hung up my EASTER EGG one. THANK YOU!!!! I love it. And I think of blogging friends when I see it:)))
hugs

Teresa said...

how beautiful! europe is on my bucket list! i really hope i get the opportunity to go there.

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Looks amazing! I need a vacation...

Clairity said...

Beautiful pictures, I love how they're almost postcard-like. Planning to go there one day with my girls :)

Eyeliquor 2 said...

Lovely pictures of Paris
Just the way it is :)

Allison said...

That love scene from Paris? Ahhh! How wonderful! I think I would have started crying! Beautiful artsy pics... these are wonderful and so not standard-issue.

I was swooning over Paris when I read Dawn's comment about the wreaths... hmmmm, now I want to drive to MY sister's house and make one! I guess I'll have to call up my sis-in-law, since my sister lives in Kansas (really!) and I live far away in Oz. :(

I love my blogging friends, let that just be said!

Tonia said...

Beautiful Pictures!

Paula said...

Beautiful pictures and interesting stories, thank you for sharing them :-)

Out on the prairie said...

Some lovely shots, I was walking along with you.

Inger said...

What fun and I too love the picture of the old woman feeding the birds. Just a moment in Parisian times.--Inger