Saturday, April 23, 2011

The molding is done!!

Well the molding is up! All in all it went pretty fast. I finished the family room & extended hallway when the girls were at school last Thursday. Then Friday I finished up the Kitchen. I ran into a few snags along the way, but thankfully it all worked out!

Here’s the before of the family room . …..
That light above the table was just for experimental purposes. I was trying to see if I wanted a hanging light. Well I decided we needed it & that’s where my problems began. We only have an electrical outlet to plug it in. So I had to come up with a way to make it look like it belonged there. I figured it out & I will give a tutorial on that later :)
More before views.......



Here’s the after….

View of the kitchen BEFORE....

After.....

I did not go the traditional route of crown molding. I ended up using more of a base board style. In our last place we did all crown, but I wanted something different here. The nice thing about this molding is it’s great to add on to.
See the 2 seperate pieces?


You just apply it on top of the other molding. You get a bigger crown look for so much less $ !!

I kept the family room as is. I ended up liking the simple look to it better in that room.

(my oldest doing some homework at the newly lighted table)

Whew! I’m done! …..for now :)


Next week…..I’ll share how I attached that overhead light !



14 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Isn't it amazing how just adding molding to a room can add so much! I like the simple molding look. I'm interested in how you did the hanging light. Have a great weekend.
Linda

Out on the prairie said...

Really nice touch,Happy Easter!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

It looks great! I'm curious how long it took you to do. My living room and kitchen are crown moldingless right now.

teekaroo said...

Looks good! Our apartment could use a bit of dressing up.

TexWisGirl said...

you are molding obsessed! but it looks nice too!

Ches said...

Looks great, its amazing how adding the molding gives the room a lighter feel. Great work.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

love the difference it makes!!!

Allison said...

Oh, I love your house! I love your taste. Very good idea on the molding... I'm saving up your ideas to help me later on!

Your home is so cozy!

Debbie said...

wow, that's a lot of work, you did that by yourself?? it looks amazing, i love the layout/openess of the rooms. well done!!

hugs from the easter bunny!!!

Unknown said...

Looks amazing!!! Can you come to my house??? I'm not brave enough to tackle that project yet!

Heather said...

Gosh, your crown molding looks fantastic! You did such a great job! You should be very proud of yourself...it looks wonderful!

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

That molding looks great!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Wow the crown molding looks amazing! Nice work!

Angie @ Thrifty Like Me said...

Wow, what a difference that makes! It looks beautiful! I think I need to get some put up at my house to. Thanks for sharing!