Monday, April 25, 2011

Plastic eggs? Now what?

Have some plastic eggs left over from yesterday? Have a cat or dog ? Heres a great way to use those left over eggs.
For your cat......
First make sure your plastic eggs have little holes in the top or bottom. Most do. And some even have holes on BOTH the top & bottom. Then open your egg. Take some dried catnip a crumble a few leaves into the egg & snap closed.

Now toss them to your cat!

They'll LOVE you for it!! My cats played forever!
Until the fat one just couln't take it anymore & did this.....


For your dog....
Use the same kind of plastic egg, but this time add a yummy treat inside! Our dog Lucy went nuts for this egg!
But I wouldn't recomend this to a dog that will eat EVERYTHING & anything. Luckly ours just plays & rolls the egg. After a while we opened the egg & gave her the treat. But she seemed to have fun rolling around the floor with it for quite a while  :)


15 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Cute idea! we have tons of catnip.

Out on the prairie said...

Now where did I put that egg?I like this idea.

TexWisGirl said...

that cats are priceless! the dogs in my home would swallow said egg whole. :)

Unknown said...

Cute ideas! I take the plastic eggs, hot glue them to a straw form to make an Easter wreath.

Dawn said...

:) Cute. I'm thinking my kids would like this idea;)

Heather said...

What a cute idea! I want a cat so desperately, but my oldest is allergic, and I don't think the dog would like it. Perhaps someday...

Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by! These ideas for eggs are great. Our cats haven't understood, though, that catnip is something to be enjoyed. They're odd.

I think I found out the trick to making bread rise. I always thought that when the recipe said to put the east in warm water, it meant that. Warm to the touch water. But when I made these I used a thermometer to measure the temp to get it to 100-110 degrees, which is the temp it said on the yeast pacakge. It wasn't warm water. It was hot! And it worked like a charm. It was fun to knead the thing and feel it change at about 8 minutes to a smooth, elastic feel, something I hadn't experienced before. I'm looking forward to trying another recipe, now. :o)

Debbie said...

you have adorable pets. i always save my eggs from one year to the next. i scatter them all around the house for little pops of color and put them in decorative bowls that are out everyday!!!

good idea!!!!

Nancy said...

I wonder if this would work for husbands as well? Maybe put a little t-bone steak in one? How long do you think he'd play with it? Haha!

Great ideas, Trisha.

Treehugger_31 said...

My cats love the plastic eggs as is so I can only imagine how much more they would love them with catnip! :)

Leontien said...

haha that is a great idea!!!
to bad i gave all my eggs away!

Thanks
Leontien

♥ Miss Tea said...

what a great idea!! love those pics and the cats and the dog you got so adorable!!

i'm already your follower, thanks for following :)

Custom Comforts said...

Great idea. I have two cats and I will definitely have to try this.
Cindy

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Ha - great idea! I don't have a cat at the moment but my old pets would have loved those.

I'm following from the creative bloggers hop, your blog looks lovely, hope you can come by mine.

Allison said...

Nice way to make up just a wee bit crazy! ;)