Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Travel Tuesday.....Monet's garden in Giverny, France

This is one of my most favorite places in the world! Monet’s garden in Giverny, France.


View of Monet's house through the garden.
It was spring & beautiful.



Everything was in full bloom.
The fragrance in the air was amazing.


It almost made me dizzy…being able to walk right into the paintings I have admired my entire life.
Just days before we were walking through Musee d'Orsay.......

and now we were there......
My sister under the vines on the bridge.




I tried to soak it all in. Really be there, so I will never forget.

And then just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, on the way back to Paris....
This is where we enjoyed lunch.


….outside along the water
 Amazing food, wine, view...
& memories!!
I am determined to go back someday. It was just to beautiful not to :)

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow. that would have made me woozy too. one of my favorite artists/artforms...

Leontien said...

it really looks beautiful!

Thanks for sharing
leontien

Treehugger_31 said...

Amazing pictures!

Inger said...

One place in Europe I wish I had visited when I had the chance.--Inger

Nancy said...

The photos look like paintings, they are so beautiful. :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh my. I love these pictures! They seem magical to me. I will have to go there--someday.

I may have to wait until I get my kids through college, but I am definitely going.

Allison said...

That is beautiful! I wish we hadn't missed that last time we were in Paris... I simply love gardens, but it never occured to me to visit these! :(

Dawn said...

Just stunning! How inspirational!!!!

(Which reminds me...guess what my mom, sister and I made yesterday? The Peep Tree!!!!! They turned out wonderfully...and it's sitting smack in the middle of my kitchen!!! Thanks again...we are loving your craft days:))