Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Travel Tuesday.....Louvre

One of my favorite places in Paris is the Louvre as well as the area surrounding it . Have you ever had the feeling you’ve been somewhere before, but it was the first time you have ever stepped foot there? This was that place for me. Deja vu!!


On both visits we enjoyed lunch & lazy relaxing on the stone benches along the walls.

It has such great views.

That my Husband waitng for me to stop taking pictures so we can go inside already! 

On both visits we enjoyed lunch & lazy relaxing on the stone benches along the walls.

That’s me in the middle. Enjoying a book & waiting for my hubby to bring us back some lunch!!

Great views!

View from the inside looking out.

Of course this museum has such beautiful artwork, such as the Mona Lisa.


 But my favorite part? The basement. Here is my sister standing by the model of what the Louvre once was.


Here’s the ACTUALL columns in tacked. It absolutely amazes me......
No matter how many times you walk this gigantic museum you’ll always see something new !





13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

neat! maybe you were French in another life! :)

Jessica said...

I would love to see the Louvre - thanks for the pics!
I'm a new follower from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop. I blog at Work From Home Star.

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Maybe one day! *sigh*
New blog hop follower
Sweet T Makes Three

Nancy said...

Nice! What great memories you have. I love the basement facts. Very cool. :)

lnevans said...

Wouldn't I love to be there in person!

Congrats! I have awarded you The Versatile Blogger award! Check out my post at http://homegrowinghappiness.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html to accept your award.

Out on the prairie said...

I think the familiarity is we have seen many of the works in books and as prints.

SPARROW said...

Can I jump in your suitcase???? You go to the funniest, coolest places. Makes me want to travel.
Laurie

Dawn said...

Just amazing!!! I DREAM about going to places like this!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

beautiful pics! I've been to the louve before, loved it!!

I have a french themed giveaway going on at my blog, did ya see it?? http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/ma-nouvelle-mode-giveaway.html

Natalia Lynn said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and being my newest follower! I love the Louvre, itsn't it beautiful! I was just there like two weeks ago. Love it! can't wait to read along!

SkippyMom said...

I can't believe the original columns are still intact. Amazing. That is as cool as the artwork the museum houses.

Wonderful pics.

Diane Writes said...

I came from an Asian country and my dream is to visit Paris someday. Your pictures make me remember my dream and work hard for it!

Allison said...

Beautiful. Will you be going back next year with the family? Your sister looks so much like you - only with dark hair. :)

And I really really wish I had seen the Mona Lisa when I was in Paris...